Tuesday 10 April 2012

Producer Profile - Lilly Hand Knitting


We have a few regular craft stalls at the Cranbrook Farmers Market and new for 2012 is Lilly Boulton, the designer behind Lilly Hand Knitting, here is her producer profile:

When did you first start knitting?
I started to learn to knit when I was about nine years old, I have always loved creating my own things to wear.



What do you like best about living in Cranbrook?
I moved to Cranbrook from Wales last year and I have quickly settled in the town. Cranbrook is such a friendly and happy town. I have much more time to be creative here and Cranbrook Farmers Market is a great way to meet people and the chance to explain what I do. 

Tell us about the process for developing you own wool and designs.
A friend back in Wales now looks after my herd of Angora goats but I still process and dye the wool myself in a huge range of rainbow colours. 



What do you sell at the market?
My most popular asked for item at the moment is 100% wool hand knitted rainbow coloured socks but I can knit just about anything to order, you can see examples of my work on my website or pop by the farmers market to discuss in person. I also regularly attend the Friday market in Tenterden.

Contact:



No comments:

Post a Comment