Tuesday 17 January 2012

Producer Profile - Bake and Crafthouse


Name and Business Name:
Kate Alsanjak – Bake and Crafthouse

Short Description of the produce and business:
Bake and Crafthouse is based just on the edge of Cranbrook town centre and I offer an exciting selection of cooking and craft classes. For the farmers market I make and sell a range of delicious cakes using local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible. The cakes and deserts are also available to order from the Bake and Crafthouse and I also stock a range of handmade gifts at the workshop.

How long have you been selling at Cranbrook Farmer’s Market?
I have been selling at the farmers market for 3 months, the Bake and Crafthouse opened in September 2011.

The best thing about Cranbrook and the local area?
I love the wide range of independent shops in the high street and everyone has been really friendly and supportive since I opened. There are lots of exciting food enterprises around and I keep discovering new local producers and suppliers. I also love cherry season and this year I have rented a cherry tree for the year (just outside Northiam) so will be working on lots of new cherry recipes in the Summer.

Which other markets and fairs do you show at?
From February I will be selling a range of tarts and deserts at Penshurst Farmers Market, I also have shopping events at the Bake and Crafthouse premises from time to time.

What is your busiest time of year as a producer and why?
The busiest time is during the school holidays as I run lots of classes for children. They love to learn to bake and take home lots of delicious goodies and recipe cards.

Contact details, phone, website etc:
Telephone: 01580 388087
Blog (with lots of receipes and workshop updates) www.bakeandcrafthouse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment